Photo shows DPW Director Maurice Goulet, second from left, and town’s consultants.
This email yesterday evening from Water and Sewer Board member Jeremy Marsette –
Passing along this good news. The Town and its consultant, Environmental Partners Group, won an award this evening from the American Council of Engineering Companies for the replacement of the water storage tank at the former Medfield State Hospital.
The award was presented at their annual Engineering Excellence Awards Gala. The award notes “Reaching new heights modernizing water infrastructure on an historic site”.
Congratulations to EPG and the Medfield Public Works Department.
Btw, Medfield’s roads have looked great these past two snow storms. Kudos to the Department for that too.
Medfield Foundation Volunteer Award Nominees for 2018
The following remarkable individuals were suggested by their fellow residents to be honored for their volunteer work in Medfield with the cited organizations. The public is invited to the reception to honor all these individuals at 3PM on Sunday April 8 at The Center.
- Kim Agricola for the Medfield Animal Shelter
- Chris Allen as the sound engineer for over twenty years of town meetings, and also for Medfield TV
- Janie Boylan for Medfield Coalition for Public Education, and also for Girl Scouts, PTO, and All Night Graduation Party
- Tony Centore for Senior Housing Study, and also for the Lions, Board of Health, Solid Waste Committee
- Susan Holbrook for the UCC Medfield and Cradles to Crayons
- Tracey Rogers for the All Night Graduation Party
- Renee Romanowski for the Angel Run, and also for MCPE, Script, Medfield Food Cupboard, Pub Crawl for SMA, and Neighbor Brigade
- Liz Sandeman for New England Donor Services, and also with the Lions, Schools, Amelia’s Light, and Hannah Adams Club
- Jill VanBrocklin for the Medfield Animal Shelter
- Nancy Irwin for the Swap, and also for St. Edward’s meals, knitters, prayer shawl ministry, and usher coordinator
- Jack Morrill for being “hard working, humble, and committed to causes bigger than himself” in many diverse entities
The Medfield Foundation volunteer awards are made possible through the sponsorship of Roche Bros. and Brothers Marketplace, as well as a contribution for Rockland Trust.
Rockland Trust continues support of the Medfield Foundation volunteer awards.
Rockland Trust has supported the MFi volunteer awards for years, and continued that unbroken streak again this year. Rockland Trust’s support will help underwrite the recognition reception on April 8 at 3PM at The Center, to which the public is invited.
Roche Bros. Supermarkets and its Brothers Marketplace have sponsored the Medfield Foundation volunteer awards for the second year in a row.
Also, today is the last day to nominate a fellow resident for recognition for his or her volunteer service. Do so on-line at www.MedfieldFoundation.org.
All the suggested extraordinary volunteers will be recognized and feted at a reception at 3PM at The Center on April 8, to which the public is invited.
- “We were very touched by ALL the volunteer nominees and winner stories. Very inspiring and humbling. I had a few tears rolling down my cheeks listening to the stories and felt very proud to live in Medfield!” – Ingrid Nevis
- “It’s quite a special event for everyone who attends We all leave there feeling happier and very proud of our town for cultivating such terrific, kind people and volunteers.” – Patti Garofalo
- “We were so impressed with the all the volunteers. It was uplifting to see what an amazing group of people we have in Medfield. Makes me proud to live here!” – Kathy Simon
From Susan Maritan –
New Life Announces 5K Fundraising Run/Walk
Come join your neighbors and the supporters of New Life Furniture Bank of MA as we host our “1st Annual New Life 5K Trail Run” on the grounds of the scenic Medfield State Hospital in Medfield, MA on Saturday, May 5th at 9 AM. Whether you are an avid runner, jogger, or a strolling dog walker, this fun event is a terrific way to get out of the house and stretch your legs after a long winter.
The event registration is now open: newlifefb.org/5ktrailrun. The race fee, if paid on or before April 5th, is $25; after April 5th it is $30.
100% of the proceeds will benefit New Life Furniture Bank of MA.
For those runners interested in getting an official time, RaceWire is providing chip timing, and for those interested in fun and relaxation, there will be post-run refreshments and DJ music!
Please help us recognize volunteerism in Medfield
Do you know someone in Medfield who volunteers countless hours and limitless time and energy to a worthy community cause or initiative? If so, now is your chance to recognize that person as part of the Medfield Foundation Volunteer Awards.
Anyone interested in submitting a nomination for one of the 2018 Medfield Foundation Volunteer Awards should use our online form at www.MedfieldFoundation.org/volunteer-awards. Forms must be submitted no later than February 28, 2018.
Photo of the 2017 nominees
Rear: Tracey Rogers, Tracy Fedak, Anne Phipps, Nancy Irwin, and Mary Pat McSharry
Front: Jim & Patti Schwartz, Jean Mineo, and Lily Doctoroff
(photo courtesy of Colleen Sullivan)
|The Medfield Foundation, Inc. also invites you to join us as we celebrate the nominated volunteers at a special reception in their honor.
The Volunteer Awards
Sunday April 8, 2108
The Center at Medfield
1 Ice House Road
To date, the Medfield Foundation, a volunteer-run private nonprofit, tax deductible 501(c)(3) corporation created in 2001 to raises private monies for public purposes in the Town of Medfield, has raised over $1,800,000.00 for our community and celebrated over one hundred volunteers. For more information, please visit our website.
We look forward to celebrating your volunteers in 2018.
The Medfield Foundation Board of Directors
Evan Weisenfeld, President
Abby Marble, Treasurer
Leanne LaBelle, Clerk
Osler Pete Peterson
Dorrian Cohen Fragola
P.S. Please share this email with those you know in town who may be interested in nominating someone.
This from Susan Maritan –
Registration is Open for New Life’s 5K Fundraising Run/Walk
New Life Furniture Bank is excited to announce its 1st Annual New Life 5K Trail Run. This fundraising event will be held at 9 AM on Saturday, May 5th at the scenic Medfield State Hospital grounds in Medfield, MA.
Come out for a day of competition and fun in the fresh air at a beautiful and natural venue for the area’s most avid runners, walkers and everyone in between. (Pets welcome too!) The New Life 5K Trail Run is open to the public, and all ages are encouraged to run, jog or walk in what promises to be an annual family event not to be missed!
Registration is open now! The first 200 registrants will receive a free t-shirt. To register or for additional information, go to www.newlifefb.org/5ktrailrun.
New Life Furniture Bank is a 501(c)3 non-profit that collects high-quality gently-used furniture and household essentials and makes them available at no cost to individuals and families in extraordinary need.
New Life has made a difference in the lives of thousands of people transitioning from a homeless environment, victims of fire, military veterans and refugees, among others. Visit us at newlifefb.org.
Posted in Charity, Children, Entertainment, Events, Medfield State Hospital, People, Recreation, Seniors, Teens, Trails, Volunteers