The 2017 nominations for the Medfield Foundation volunteer awards have closed and the nominees are as follows:
- Jim Schwartz and Patti Schwartz for their combined 77 years of service to the BSA, 46 years of it in Medfield, for Medfield Boy Scout Troop 89.
Volunteer of the Year :
- Tracy Fedak and Tracey Rogers for chairing, running, and inspiring the hugely involved and successful All Night Graduation Party (ANGP) for the past 3 years.
- Linda Frawley for 13 years of lead-by-example service organizing and leading the 400 girls, aged 5-17, in the Medfield Girl Scouts.
- Nancy Irwin and Mary Pat McSharry for creating and running the SWAP area at the Transfer Station for the past 8 and 4 years, respectively.
- Jean Mineo for founding the Cultural Alliance of Medfield, the Holiday Stroll, and implementing the Straw Hat Park, and working on the Medfield State Hospital Master Planning Committee.
- Lily Doctoroff for organizing Bigger than Bullying, starting a Gender Equality Club, and working with the Medfield’s Vine Lake Preservation Trust, Medfield State Hospital Master Planning Committee, New Life Home Refurnishing, National Honor Society, and Medway Family Shelter.
- Anne Phipps for helping build a school in Kenya, assisting at a camp for seriously ill children, volunteering for Project Teamwork, Student Council, Medfield Cares About Prevention, peer tutoring, Dean of Students Advisory Board, Putting for Patients, Medfield Food Cupboard, and Digital Learning Day.
The Medfield Foundation (MFi) annually fetes at its Volunteer Awards those individuals, suggested by fellow residents, whose extraordinary efforts and activities have made a special marked difference in the quality of life in Medfield.
At a reception at 3PM on March 19 at The Center the town will celebrate all the individual nominated this year, and the named Volunteer of the Year, Youth Volunteer of the Year, and Lifetime Achievement Award recipients.
The Volunteers Awards are based entirely on nominations submitted by the public, and solely on the information submitted. The Medfield Foundation has scheduled a meeting of the volunteer awards judges for February 15.
Brothers Marketplace generously sponsors the MFi Volunteer Awards, and support is also received from The Rockland Trust Charitable Foundation.