MEDFIELD FOUNDATION VOLUNTEER AWARDS NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN
Nominate that extraordinary volunteer you know who devotes countless time and energy to worthy community causes for the Medfield Foundation Volunteer Awards.
Submit a nomination for one of the 2017 Medfield Foundation volunteer awards by downloading the form at www.MedfieldFoundation.org. Completed forms should be submitted no later than January 31, 2017.
The MFi’s 2017 volunteer recognition reception is scheduled for 3 -5 PM on Sunday, March 19, and the public is invited.
In 2013, these individuals were nominated:
Youth Volunteer of the Year:
• Greg Lyons for his tutoring work at the Medfield High School math lab
• Emily Monac for her therapeutic horseback riding work at BiNA Farm
• Katrina Simon for her work with the Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Association
Volunteer of the Year:
• Rick Abecunas for his work with the Lowell Mason Foundation
• Michelle Doucette for her work with the American Legion Auxiliary
• Beth Eby for her work with the Medfield Food Cupboard
• Cynthia Greene for her work with the Medfield Energy Committee
• Rick McKinney for his work as scoutmaster of Troop 89 and Cub Scout Pack 200
Lifetime Achievement Award:
• Albert Manganello, Jr. for his work with veterans
• Ann Thompson for her work in town government
The Medfield Foundation, Inc. is a volunteer-run private nonprofit, tax deductible 501(c)(3) corporation created in 2001 to raises private monies for public purposes in the Town of Medfield. The MFi allows donors to designate their donations for particular purposes. The MFi also allows motivated groups to raise monies for Medfield purposes under the rubric of the Medfield Foundation. To date, the MFi has raised over $1,800,000.00 for the Town of Medfield and celebrated over one hundred volunteers.